Hey everyone! Welcome! いっらしゃいませ!안녕하세요! Do check my Archives! :D
Disclaimer
hii... welcome to my blog. 안녕하세요! 저는리산입니다. こんにちわ!私はリシャンです。This blog is MY teritory, please respect that.
best viewed using Internet Explorer
Navigations

Moi Words of wisdom Friends Past Memories... Videos Extra
webmistress
Heigh ho heigh ho...
Taggie!

ShoutMix chat widget
cbox or shoutmix. the width 210 will be good

Turn on your radio
music code goes here

Centre of gravity
I love chocolate especially at Sunday, March 1, 2009 | back to top, baby

Centre of gravity
What is Centre of Gravity?
It is the imaginary point in a body of matter where, for convenience in certain calculations, the total weight of the body may be thought to be concentrated. The concept is sometimes useful in designing static structures (e.g., buildings and bridges) or in predicting the behaviour of a moving body when it is acted on by gravity.
Definition from: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/242556/centre-of-gravity

Examples of CG:


Where is the CG?




Assuming that when the plasticine blobs were placed on the pendulum, the pendulum still remains symmetrical. So, the CG is at the dotted lines where the pendulum is. At least, that's where I think the CG is...


As for a donut...

I think that the CG will be in the middle, assuming that the donut is symmetrical.

P.S If anyone knows that I am wrong or thinks I am wrong, please comment and tell me my mistake. Thank you